July 14, 2012

My Treat Day

On Friday (6/13) my daughter and I hung out and we literally ate whatever we wanted.  I have a 1500 calorie per day limit and I went over by 185 calories (I had an extremely late but very light dinner, had I eaten a typical dinner I would have went over by more). 

The bulk of my calories came from snacks!  I had a kids scoop of vanilla ice cream with a brownie and pecans from Coldstones and half of a Cinnabon with a cup of 2% milk (yummy).  Of course I went over my sugars (I always do, but not due to sweets).  The good thing is I rarely go over any of my numbers so I guess you can say I have a reserve from what ever I don't use during the remainder of the week (although I don't look at it like that).  I try not to worry so much about what I eat, but how much.

I will admit, I did get burn quite a few calories from walking so much so my net calories consumed for the day was 775.  But even without the exercise I still feel that my caloric intake for the day wasn't bad! 

Portion control is definitely the key!  So next time you decide to splurge a little and treat yourself to a tasty snack remember PORTION CONTROL.  Save some for tomorrow or share, until next time...be happy and eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment