June 14, 2012

"Weight Watchers" - New Point System

Okay, so first off I will explain the quotes ( " " ) around Weight Watchers.  I've never tried the official Weight Watchers program, but a friend of mine has.  In addition, I've heard about it from a ton of people so I know how it works.  My friend told me that she downloaded an app called WWDiary (for Android) and it's just like Weight Watchers.  The app is free but you pay a $1.00/mo if you want to use the "full" scanning your food's bar code feature.

I've never been a Weight Watchers fan nor have I ever felt the need to have the assistance of a weight loss program.  However, I do like to keep track of my calorie, fat, sugar, etc... intake.  The app is great for those who need a Weight Watchers type program without having to pay the Weight Watchers money.

I downloaded the app this past weekend but didn't use it until 6/12/12 and I did on 6/13/12 as well.  Today is 6/14/2012 and I will NOT be using it.  I stayed hungry both days!!!  I NEVER stay hungry.  I don't buy that eat the right things at the right time.  I know what to eat and when I should eat it, people ask me for advice.  I want to be a personal trainer so it is my duty to know this stuff.  

I do know that the version I tried was the new point system, not the old point system.  However, I say screw the points for me.  For me It's called eat healthy, exercise, and be happy.  I do know that I can eat fruit and veggies when I get hungry, but I'm not use to being THAT HUNGRY!!!  I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day and my protein drink once per day.   

I'm not downing Weight Watchers but I don't think it's for me.  To make it fair, before I totally write off Weight Watchers altogether, I may select the option on my app to use the old calculator.  If I do decide to I will report back my personal findings.

Ending on this note...if you love Weight Watchers and can't afford it, definitely download the WWDiary app (on Android). 

No comments:

Post a Comment