June 22, 2012

The Truth is in the Numbers

Since 2008 I've been reading food labels, counting calories, carbs, etc...  I never had a real way to track them other than my Excel spreadsheet.  Since using the MyFitnessPal app I have a different outlook on the numbers!!!

I started to rapidly gain weight after deciding to get an IUD in Feb. 2011 and boy...did the pound pack on in a matter of a few months.  My diet nor did anything else change so I knew it wasn't me.  I've ALWAYS been able to maintain my weight, working out or not.  About 2 weeks ago I toppled the scale at 177lbs! AHHHHH!  Oh heck no!  All of my hard work was not about to go down the drain.  Nor was I about to pack on more pounds.  I've always wondered how people could watch themselves gain weight and not do anything about it.  Mine happened so fast I didn't realize right away.  BTW, before I got my IUD I was between 149-152lbs. 

First off, I started REALLY looking at the foods I ate to make sure I was good in that department.  For the most part I was (I only made a few adjustments).  Next, I started back working out (I slowed down a whole lot because my spine is curving the wrong direction which causes the most awful pains at times).  I don't work out as much as I would like because I want to take it slow and make sure I don't cause any additional pain.

Now two weeks later I'm down to 170.5 lbs....the 160's are VERY NEAR and I'm VERY HAPPY!!!  I'm on a 1,500 calorie diet.  Between working out and my food choices, most days it averages to less than 1,500 calories. 

MyFitnessPal has all of my numbers available for me, I'm able to see how close I am to meeting my goals and if I'm in danger of going over.  I did this for myself on Excel, but of course this would cause me to have to log into my computer EVERYTIME.  The more convenient it is for you to log your numbers, the more likely you are to pay attention to them...Do you agree?  At first I was afraid that I would forget to log in my foods but I think that takes a little self motivation and eventually it will become part of your daily routine!

Until next time....Happy and Healthy Eating! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment