June 7, 2012

Starting Over

Today was the first time I've worked out in a looooonnnngggg time!  Surprised?  I use to workout a minimum of 5 days a week but slowed down a little because I was losing more weight than I wanted to.  Eventuall I started having a lot of back/neck/knee issues which pretty much stopped all physical activity because of the pain. 

I got my knees checkout out and the doc said no big deal, physical therapy (P.T.) would strengthen them and I would be all better.  One problem @ $45.00 per appointment I would be out of a lot of money...my solution...Google knee strengthening exercises!!!  Back and neck issues are due to a pinched nerve because my spine is curving the wrong way...more P.T....my solution...take it easy!  Which also resulted in no exercise. 

I'm tired of NOT exercising so today I said screw this, I will see what happens so I went FULL FORCE on the Elliptical for 30 minutes and I feel great.  I will see how I am throughout the remainder of the day and when I wake up in the morning.  I'm also tired of paying for a gym membership that I'm not utilizing.  That will also end this WEEK!  I'm going to the gym even if it's pool time only. 

I think that my body is use to exercising more so than not exercising because I wasn't exhausted nor did I feel like it's been forever since I've done cardio.  HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY!  I'm sure I will be extra sleepy from the vigorous cardio workout so I hope to sleep like a baby tonight! 

Until next time...be happy, eat healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment