May 24, 2012

My First Veggie Dog!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that I do not eat pork.  It's not due to religious purposes or anything, it's just because.  It was something I tried back in 1995 I believe.  WOW!  17 years, didn't realize that it has been that long. 

Today at work we have a whole day of events and lunch was provided; hot dogs, chips, and cookies.  Well I knew I wouldn't eat the pork and I wasn't sure about the veggie...but it was very good.  The texture was a little softer and with condiments you would never know the difference. 

I wish I could have taken a pic but it's hard when you're standing in a long line and 300+ employees (provided that everyone will eat what the company provided) need to get lunch.  When I got back to my desk I did my usual and researched what the ingredients were and the main things I saw was protein something and soy...maybe it was soy protein...lol.

All-in-all, I am happy with my veggie dog.  I will say it's something you have to try and be opened minded about so if you have that one track mind you will probably NEVER give a veggie dog a try, but for all the others who would, try it just once and let me know what you think!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment