January 20, 2014

ZUMBA Fitness

I wrote a short blog in September stating that I had just become a certified Zumba fitness instructor. What I didn't mention was...drum roll please...I've NEVER taken a Zumba class!!!  (Silence...birds chirping). Surprised huh?  well I'm very sporadic like that!  I love fitness and the Zumba concept will go great with my personal training business. 

Since September I've been a little disappointed because I found it hard, I've come to the realization that it should be hard for someone that's never taken a class before. It's like getting into a car for the first time, riding a bike for the first time, or roller skating for the first time. Practice makes perfect. 

October was awesome because the Zumba home office announced a mentoring program for newbies or instructors that have never taught a class before. It took a few months to gets things together on their end and it was well worth the wait. I have a great mentor who has really help me to start a patch to launching my Zumba business. I'm super excited and can't wait. 

I will keep you all updated on my progress. Btw...I didn't realize that Zumba could make your body sore. Yep...I'm achy today, but that's good because my muscles are getting stronger!!!  I can't wait to gain the muscle mass I had before I had to stop working out (that's another story for another time). 

Please excuse any typos or lines that don't make sense...I'm typing on my iPhone and I'm at work trying not to get caught...lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment