September 27, 2012

Carbs Are My Friend

You always hear the negative about carbs when dieting.  You have simple carbs, complex carbs, and fiber.  Yes fiber is considered a carb, but it does not act like simple and complex carbs.  Anyway, on to why carbs are my friend.

I've done a lot of research over the years about differnt things when it comes to weight loss, fitness, and so on.  I had completely forgot some of the positives about carbs...carbs help keep you full fiber does too...now you see the connect? lol

I usually eat three meals and three small snacks a day, but before snack time I was hungry, sometimes super hungry.  One morning I was very hungry and decided that my pack of plain instant oatmeal or a bagel thin wouldnt do the job...so I had both.  I did the same thing the next day, and the day aftert that. I noticed that I didn't have an am snack neither of the days.  Hmmm...no hunger?  how could this be? Simple answer...carbs.  My two hundred and thirty-five calorie breakfast kept me full for hours.

I'm not saying to eat more carbs and skip out on a snack, but this held me over until snack time and I didn't want to eat more than my normal snack portion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment